    I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?

    Thanks.
    , May 24, 2012

  2. Am 24.05.2012 01:45, schrieb :
    > I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush
    > up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that
    > covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else
    > statement is?

    First thing to check first is whether the online course uses Python 2 or
    Python 3. For Python 2, try starting at docs.python.org. There you will
    find library documentation, language specifications and also tutorials.

    Uli
    Ulrich Eckhardt, May 24, 2012

  3. alister Guest

    On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:45:05 -0700, hsaziz wrote:

    > I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up
    > on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it
    > well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Dive into python seems to be quite popular & can be read online fro free

    --
    If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    alister, May 24, 2012
  4. Jim Wilson Guest

    On 05/23/2012 07:45 PM, wrote:
    > I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?
    >
    > Thanks.

    My opinion: Martelli's "Python in a Nutshell" is the K&R of Python.

    Alas, it does discuss if statements, but it doesn't slap you silly with them.
    Jim Wilson, May 24, 2012