Python Book for a C Programmer?

hsaziz

I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?

Thanks.

Ulrich Eckhardt

Am 24.05.2012 01:45, schrieb (e-mail address removed):
I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush
up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that
covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else
statement is?

First thing to check first is whether the online course uses Python 2 or
Python 3. For Python 2, try starting at docs.python.org. There you will
find library documentation, language specifications and also tutorials.

Uli

alister

I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up
on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it
well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?

Thanks.

Dive into python seems to be quite popular & can be read online fro free

Jim Wilson

I am trying to join an online class that uses python. I need to brush up on the language quickly. Is there a good book or resource that covers it well but does not have to explain what an if..then..else statement is?

Thanks.

My opinion: Martelli's "Python in a Nutshell" is the K&R of Python.

Alas, it does discuss if statements, but it doesn't slap you silly with them.