    The end result is that other folks around the company are getting
    interested in Python.

    So who needs books when you can offer performance?

    Vepxistqaosani, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Lovely story about the coolness of Python and the PHB effect... <grin>

    Miklós

    Vepxistqaosani <> wrote in message
    > At my firm -- which must remain anonymous, I guess -- I'm the only
    > Pythoneer. We are strongly encouraged to use only "Approved Technologies".

    [snip]

    Jegenye 2001 Bt, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Vepxistqaosani

    Ben Finney Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:53:49 GMT, Vepxistqaosani wrote:
    > At my firm -- which must remain anonymous, I guess -- I'm the only
    > Pythoneer. We are strongly encouraged to use only "Approved
    > Technologies".
    > [...]
    > They still want me to figure out how to do this with [existing
    > Approved Technology], but they're so happy with the Python solution,
    > they've forgotten to pressure me on the issue.

    Your task is not complete. One important step remains: exert pressure,
    via this sterling example and any others you can find, that Python
    should *be* an Approved Technology for the company.

    --
    \ "When we call others dogmatic, what we really object to is |
    `\ their holding dogmas that are different from our own." -- |

    Ben Finney, Nov 14, 2003