python bytecodes by hand

Maurice LING

I remembered sighting a book "Programming for the Java Virtual Machine"
by Joshua Engel some time back. In that book, he used Oolong as a way to
program to JVM and indicated that it is actually possible to write a
java class file by hand if inclined.

I am just wondering about the structure of a pyc (python bytecode) file
and has anyone successfully write a functional pyc file by hand?

thanks maurice