Python C Embedded ! Attribute Error

pycraze

Hi ,

I am using the below C code so that i can embed a Python Code and
get input from a python function and use it in C code .

Below is the C Code

#include <Python.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
PyObject *pName, *pModule, *pDict, *pFunc;
PyObject *pArgs, *pValue;
int i;

if (argc < 3) {
fprintf(stderr,"Usage: call pythonfile funcname [args]\n");
return 1;
}

Py_Initialize();
pName = PyString_FromString(argv[1]);
/* Error checking of pName left out */

PyRun_SimpleString("import sys");
PyRun_SimpleString("sys.path.append('/home/dennis/workplace/
aps098')");
PyRun_SimpleString("sys.path.append('/home/dennis/workplace/aps098/
lib')");
PyRun_SimpleString("import server, logger,config, ntlm_procs,
config_affairs ");
pModule = PyImport_Import(pName);
Py_DECREF(pName);

if (pModule != NULL) {
pFunc = PyObject_GetAttrString(pModule, argv[2]);
/* pFunc is a new reference */

if (pFunc && PyCallable_Check(pFunc)) {
pArgs = PyTuple_New(argc - 3);
for (i = 0; i < argc - 3; ++i) {
pValue = PyInt_FromLong(atoi(argv[i + 3]));
if (!pValue) {
Py_DECREF(pArgs);
Py_DECREF(pModule);
fprintf(stderr, "Cannot convert argument\n");
return 1;
}
/* pValue reference stolen here: */
PyTuple_SetItem(pArgs, i, pValue);
}
pValue = PyObject_CallObject(pFunc, pArgs);
Py_DECREF(pArgs);
if (pValue != NULL) {
printf("Result of call: %ld\n", PyInt_AsLong(pValue));
Py_DECREF(pValue);
}
else {
Py_DECREF(pFunc);
Py_DECREF(pModule);
PyErr_Print();
fprintf(stderr,"Call failed\n");
return 1;
else {
if (PyErr_Occurred())
PyErr_Print();
fprintf(stderr, "Cannot find function \"%s\"\n", argv[2]);
}
Py_XDECREF(pFunc);
Py_DECREF(pModule);
}
else {
PyErr_Print();
fprintf(stderr, "Failed to load \"%s\"\n", argv[1]);
return 1;
}
Py_Finalize();
return 0;
}

The python code is a simple code

def pr(var):
print var

I am getting error

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'print'
Cannot find function "print"

I am a newbie to python . I need some to embed python in C . Anyone
Pls help

Miki

Hello,
I am using the below C code so that i can embed a Python Code and
get input from a python function and use it in C code .

Below is the C Code [snipped]

I am getting error

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'print'
Cannot find function "print"
How do you run your program (I suspect with 'pr pr print 1', should be
'pr pr pr 1').

FWIW, the following simplified program works:
#include <Python.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
PyObject *modname, *module, *args, *value, *func;

Py_Initialize();

PyRun_SimpleString("import sys; sys.path.append(\".\")");

modname = PyString_FromString("pr");
module = PyImport_Import(modname);
Py_DECREF(modname);

if (NULL == module) {
fprintf(stderr, "error: can't load\n");
Py_Finalize();
return 1;
}

func = PyObject_GetAttrString(module, "pr");

args = PyTuple_New(1);
value = PyLong_FromLong(10);
PyTuple_SetItem(args, 0, value);

PyObject_CallObject(func, args);