Python certification/training

chrisBrat

Hi,

Are there any certifications that are available for developers learning
Python? Where?

I'm specifically looking for distance/on-line courses or certifications
but welcome any information available.

Thanks
Chris

Aahz

Are there any certifications that are available for developers learning
Python? Where?

I'm specifically looking for distance/on-line courses or certifications
but welcome any information available.

Question is, what do you want it for? There is currently no certificate
generally recognized by the Python community. If you're simply looking
for Python training, there are several options; if you want recognition,
your best option is to make code available to the community.

chrisBrat

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I currently work as a Java developer but I have lots of interest in
Python.

I asked about training/certification because its proved to be a good
way for me to learn in the past.

My aim is not to gain recognition but more to measure my understanding
- a sort of benchmark. I have been so far unable to find any courses
offering training in my country that would not bankrupt me (I live in
South Africa).

Guess I'll work through examples and tutorials on the net.

Thanks
Chris

Aahz

I asked about training/certification because its proved to be a good
way for me to learn in the past.

My aim is not to gain recognition but more to measure my understanding
- a sort of benchmark. I have been so far unable to find any courses
offering training in my country that would not bankrupt me (I live in
South Africa).

Then may I suggest that you subscribe to the tutor list? That will give
you a good place to ask questions; as you learn Python, answering other
people's questions will give you a good way to hone your own knowledge.

Richard Marsden

Aahz said:
Then may I suggest that you subscribe to the tutor list? That will give
you a good place to ask questions; as you learn Python, answering other
people's questions will give you a good way to hone your own knowledge.

Which is? :)

Richard (who might also be interested - in the tutor list, not the
certification)

aum

Are there any certifications that are available for developers learning
Python? Where?
I'm specifically looking for distance/on-line courses or certifications
but welcome any information available.

Makes me wonder, just out of curiosity - are there any universities
actually teaching python (in anything bigger than a small elective
module), or are they all still owned by Java, C++, C# and Visual Basic?

Richard Marsden

Thanks Kent and Dan.

I've just joined to see what it is like. It looks like it might be aimed
more for people new to computer/programming science. In contrast, I'm
new to Python and actually have quite a bit of programming experience!

Perhaps I'll be able to help answer questions, as well as see some
useful tips.

Cheers,

Richard