python certification

lordverminard

i want to get a small certificate or diploma in python.
it should be online cuz i live in pakistan and wont have teast centers
near me.
it should be low cost as i am not rich.
and hopefully it would be something like a a begginer certification cuz
i am new to python.

Rocco Moretti

i want to get a small certificate or diploma in python.
it should be online cuz i live in pakistan and wont have teast centers
near me.
it should be low cost as i am not rich.
and hopefully it would be something like a a begginer certification cuz
i am new to python.

Just print out the certificate below and paste on your wall ;)

#------------------------------------------------------------------#
| |
| |
| Comp.Lang.Python does hereby certify that |
| |
| LORD VERMINARD |
| |
| is a bona fide Pythonista, |
| with all rights and privileges |
| assigned thereto. |
| |
| Presented This Day |
| |
| 18th of July, 2005 |
| |
| |
#------------------------------------------------------------------#

Or, you could give some indication of why you would need such a thing.
If it's for your own satisfation, use the certificate above when you're
gone through the tutorial and have written an actual program you feel is
useful. (That's what's of value with Python - using it to make your life
better, not being able to fill out the correct bubbles on some multiple
choice test.)

Luis M. Gonzalez

i want to get a small certificate or diploma in python.
it should be online cuz i live in pakistan and wont have teast centers
near me.
it should be low cost as i am not rich.
and hopefully it would be something like a a begginer certification cuz
i am new to python.

Hmm... I think I can help you.
By the way, how much are you willing to spend?
You know, getting a high grade is also important...:)

lordverminard

hi
i bassically need it cuz i am appyling to colleges this year and
i know this kind of stuff really helps.
besides since i am learning python i thought i might get some credit
for it as well.
its bassically for a mention in my resume/bio-data/appliccation
i am willing to spend about $50-100 but any more is out of my bugdet.
even $50 is hard on me.
i did find this great site that would let me give a perl exam in $9.99
but they don't have python.

Kay Schluehr

hi
i bassically need it cuz i am appyling to colleges this year and
i know this kind of stuff really helps.
besides since i am learning python i thought i might get some credit
for it as well.
its bassically for a mention in my resume/bio-data/appliccation
i am willing to spend about $50-100 but any more is out of my bugdet.
even $50 is hard on me.
i did find this great site that would let me give a perl exam in $9.99
but they don't have python.

Before you spend some of your few money for an obscure certification
without any authority you should feel certain that you need Python at
your college. Better you participate in an open source project for fun
and gathering some experience if it's not too hard for you to access a
computer. Of course I don't know your supervisors and I'm not sure
whether they are more impressed about people learning the Python
tutorial, than about people using it to write real world applications.

Kay

Dennis Lee Bieber

i did find this great site that would let me give a perl exam in $9.99
but they don't have python.

Which is probably only worth what you pay for it... About as
much as the three certificates on my wall: Doctor of Immortality, Doctor
of Metaphysics, and Doctor of BS (Biblical Studies) [all three courtesy
of the older Universal Life Church; I've not kept up with them since
they did a bit of reorganization a few years ago].

In your price range, I'd suggest buying one or two of the more
detailed Python books (Programming Python; the Cookbook, etc.) and
mastering their contents... and producing something... almost
anything... A rudimentary checkbook/personal finance program using
Python, some RDBM (MySQL), maybe an HTTP based interface (CherryPy,
perhaps -- though I don't have experience on that end), and putting it
out on the Web for others. These days, having an open project out there
may be worth more than a certificate -- especially since the core Python
language is so small; it's the supplied and optional libraries that make
it fat.

Sebastian Bassi

i want to get a small certificate or diploma in python.
it should be online cuz i live in pakistan and wont have teast centers
near me.
it should be low cost as i am not rich.
and hopefully it would be something like a a begginer certification cuz
i am new to python.

I could make a program, upload it to sourceforge (or similar OSS
repository) and add that to your resume. Another opcion is to help in
the development of any python-based program and work enought to be
included in the authors list. That could be useful too (because you
learn and do some good for more people). I believe more in a working
program than a paper based certificate.

Adrian Flanagan

i want to get a small certificate or diploma in python.

I can recommend brainbench.com (http://www.brainbench.com, of course)
for certifications that are both respected and reasonably priced. Only
drawback: their Python certification is for version 1.5! They have
got to update that.

Lloyd Flanagan (Brainbench Master Certified in Python)