Python class derived from a C++ base class

Discussion in 'Python' started by Devrim Erdem, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. Devrim Erdem

    Devrim Erdem Guest

    Hello,

    [Warning-Python beginner]

    My application has a c++ plugin interface. To create a plugin, a class
    is derived from the Plugin class and compiled into a shared object (
    so or dll ).

    I would like to allow writing plugins also in python. It is very
    comfortable if the plugin developer could derive a python class from
    the C++ base class.

    I am not well educated to think an elegant and a robust way to do
    this.

    I would appreciate any hints.

    Thanks in advance,

    Devrim.
    Devrim Erdem, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Devrim Erdem

    John J. Lee Guest

    (Devrim Erdem) writes:
    [...]
    > I would like to allow writing plugins also in python. It is very
    > comfortable if the plugin developer could derive a python class from
    > the C++ base class.
    >
    > I am not well educated to think an elegant and a robust way to do
    > this.

    http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/

    John
    John J. Lee, Jan 17, 2004