Python class derived from a C++ base class

Devrim Erdem

Hello,

[Warning-Python beginner]

My application has a c++ plugin interface. To create a plugin, a class
is derived from the Plugin class and compiled into a shared object (
so or dll ).

I would like to allow writing plugins also in python. It is very
comfortable if the plugin developer could derive a python class from
the C++ base class.

I am not well educated to think an elegant and a robust way to do
this.

I would appreciate any hints.

Thanks in advance,

Devrim.