Python Class

Charles Hoskinson

I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they would highly recommend?

Steven D'Aprano

Charles said:
I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting
from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to
include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix
and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they
would highly recommend?

This is a helpful community resource:

- by email (e-mail address removed)
- by usenet comp.lang.python

Other useful resources include:

- the tutor mailing list (e-mail address removed)

- http://code.activestate.com/recipes/

- http://wiki.python.org/moin/

Rodrick Brown

I'm developing an online course for beginning python programmers starting
from basic syntax through object oriented design and GUI. I'd like to
include some helpful community resources like Code Academy in the appendix
and I was wondering if this community has some particular favorites they
would highly recommend?

Udacity.com has a nice interactive CS course taught in Python.