Python Client & Loggin into Secure User Database

Discussion in 'Python' started by flamesrock, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. flamesrock

    flamesrock Guest

    First, my problem doesn't make much practical sense so I hope you're up
    for a challenge.

    What I have (in concept) is a standalone web client that connects
    different 'players' to a central host and distributes game files
    between them. A user claims certain files, plays them, and then
    automatically uploads them to the site where they are subsequently
    distributed.

    What I want to do is have a secure system that lets users log in upon
    connecting so that the client has ftp privileges to upload. I'd like to
    avoid xmlrpc and anything that would require the server to do more than
    a simple php + sql script, preferably less. Basically, as simple as
    possible without scripting the server in python too.

    Whats the best way to accomplish this for a python client?
    (registration will be browser based btw..)

    -thanks in advance
    flamesrock, Apr 29, 2005