python command line manual

Peng Yu

I mainly check online python manual. But I feel that it would be nice
if there is command line manual available (just like perl command line
manual). Could you please let me know if such command line manual
available?

Steven D'Aprano

I mainly check online python manual. But I feel that it would be nice if
there is command line manual available (just like perl command line
manual). Could you please let me know if such command line manual
available?

From the shell, you can call:

python --help

If you are using Linux, your distro probably has also installed the
Python man pages, which you access with either of:

man python
info python

And from inside the Python interactive interpreter, you can call
help(obj) to get help on any object, or just help() to enter an
interactive help session.

Asun Friere

I mainly check online python manual. But I feel that it would be nice
if there is command line manual available (just like perl command line
manual). Could you please let me know if such command line manual
available?

It's not really a manual, but if you want the documentation written
into a module try 'pydoc <module>'. This is gives you the same output
as you get running help(<module>) in the python shell.