    the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd edition?

    Thanks,

    Will McGugan

    Will McGugan, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Will> Is the second edition of the Python Cookbook worth getting if you
    Will> have the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd
    Will> edition?

    While I have dived into it yet, I received a copy from O'Reilly last week.
    It's about twice the size of the first edition, and I noticed it has a
    chapter at the end related to Python 2.3 and 2.4, so my guess would be it's
    worth it.

    (Submit a recipe to the cookbook website that's accepted for the 3rd edition
    and you can get it as a comp from O'Reilly. ;-)

    Skip

    Skip Montanaro, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Will McGugan

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Will McGugan" <> wrote in message
    > Is the second edition of the Python Cookbook worth getting if you have
    > the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd edition?

    >From Page xx: 146 old, 192 new, 338 total. 1.52 to 2.2 versus 2.3 to 2.4

    in edition coverage

    TJR

    Terry Reedy, Mar 29, 2005