Python Cookbook 2nd Ed

Will McGugan

Hi,

Is the second edition of the Python Cookbook worth getting if you have
the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd edition?

Thanks,

Will McGugan

Skip Montanaro

Will> Is the second edition of the Python Cookbook worth getting if you
Will> have the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd
Will> edition?

While I have dived into it yet, I received a copy from O'Reilly last week.
It's about twice the size of the first edition, and I noticed it has a
chapter at the end related to Python 2.3 and 2.4, so my guess would be it's
worth it.

(Submit a recipe to the cookbook website that's accepted for the 3rd edition
and you can get it as a comp from O'Reilly. ;-)

Skip

Terry Reedy

Will McGugan said:
Is the second edition of the Python Cookbook worth getting if you have
the first edition? How much new material is there in the 2nd edition?
From Page xx: 146 old, 192 new, 338 total. 1.52 to 2.2 versus 2.3 to 2.4
in edition coverage

TJR