Python Crypto Question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Maboroshi, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Maboroshi

    Maboroshi Guest

    Hi I was interested if there was a way to encrypt common ports on my
    computer like port 80: and my FTP port on the Client side using Python

    Forgive me if this sounds like an amatuer question but I don't know to much
    about this

    I understand I can access secure servers that offer this encryption

    but when I recieve information from a server is it possible for my computer
    to download it anonomously and have it encrypted. So basically the server
    can't see that I am there and any information passed from my computer to
    that server for a request, that server log or whatever would just be a bunch
    of numbers appearing. I understand that a proxie might make me anonymous

    does this make sense

    I would like to program something like this if it is a plausible idea

    Thanks in advance

    Maboroshi, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Maboroshi

    Lucas Raab Guest

    "Maboroshi" <n/a> wrote in message
    > Hi I was interested if there was a way to encrypt common ports on my
    > computer like port 80: and my FTP port on the Client side using Python
    >
    > Forgive me if this sounds like an amatuer question but I don't know to

    much
    > about this
    >
    > I understand I can access secure servers that offer this encryption
    >
    > but when I recieve information from a server is it possible for my

    computer
    > to download it anonomously and have it encrypted. So basically the server
    > can't see that I am there and any information passed from my computer to
    > that server for a request, that server log or whatever would just be a

    bunch
    > of numbers appearing. I understand that a proxie might make me anonymous
    >
    > does this make sense
    >
    > I would like to program something like this if it is a plausible idea
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You might want to check out PyCrypto 1.9a6 at
    http://twisted.sourceforge.net/contrib/pycrypto-1.9a6.win32-py2.3.exe and
    PyOpenSSL 0.5.1 at
    http://twisted.sourceforge.net/contrib/pyOpenSSL-0.5.1.win32-py2.3.exe for
    some encryption algorithms.