python ctypes to int main(int argc, char *argv[])

lkcl

hi,

i need to convert an application (fontforge) to a python library.
yes, libfontforge is already done as is libgdraw (fontforge-pygtk) but
i need to make fontforge the _application_ a python application, using
the same ctypes trick that's already done.

my question is, therefore, how do i specify a ctypes wrapper around
the standard int main(int argc, char *argv[]) which i am (obviously)
going to move to a (new) c library?

many thanks,

l.

Stefan Behnel

lkcl, 01.07.2010 22:22:
i need to convert an application (fontforge) to a python library.
yes, libfontforge is already done as is libgdraw (fontforge-pygtk) but
i need to make fontforge the _application_ a python application, using
the same ctypes trick that's already done.

my question is, therefore, how do i specify a ctypes wrapper around
the standard int main(int argc, char *argv[]) which i am (obviously)
going to move to a (new) c library?

Why don't you just start the program as an external subprocess?

Stefan