Python Database Driven Web Development

Maru, Mulugeta

What do I need other than Python, Apache, and MySQL to develop a database driven intranet? Do I need to use any framework or application server? If I do please kindly direct me where to go.
Many thanks.
MM

VisionTV proudly celebrates 15 years as Canada's multi-faith television network.

Larry Bates

You might want to look at Zope www.zope.org

Not required, but might save you a lot of time
and effort.

-Larry

What do I need other than Python, Apache, and MySQL to develop a database
driven intranet? Do I need to use any framework or application server? If I
do please kindly direct me where to go.
Many thanks.
MM

VisionTV proudly celebrates 15 years as Canada's multi-faith television
network.

Thomas Guettler

Am Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:20:39 -0500 schrieb Maru, Mulugeta:
What do I need other than Python, Apache, and MySQL to develop a
database driven intranet?
Do I need to use any framework or application server?
If I do please kindly direct me where to go.

Yes, you need something that maps an HTTP-Request
to a method call.

I use quixote[1] because it is small and simple.
I even don't use the form library of quixote.
If you have more logic than HTML, it is better
to use python syntax:

def foo(request):
ret=[]
ret.append(header())
ret.append(....)
ret.append(footer())
return ''.join(ret)

[1] http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

Lothar Scholz

Maru said:
What do I need other than Python, Apache, and MySQL to develop a database
driven intranet? Do I need to use any framework or application server? I
f I do please kindly direct me where to go.
Many thanks.
MM

Look at the "webware" project at "www.sourceforge.net"
If your application has a lot of logic or cacheable data this should
be preferred over Quixote and Zope.