Python Database Objects (PDO) 1.1.0 Released

Bryan J Gudorf

Python Database Objects 1.1.0 has been released. This fairly stable test
release includes support for
various databases through the mxODBC module. This release also adds more
functionality through commands such
as move and moveto, which allow for more dynamic movement through a
recordset.
As we move forward in the 1.1 series we will be adding support for more
databases. Community support and
feedback is appreciated so that we can make PDO as useful as possible.
As released previously: Python Database Objects (PDO) provides an easy
to use Object
Oriented API for database developers. PDO utilizes DB-API modules for
database access,
but allows for a Common Object Oriented API across RDBMS. Thus, PDO can be
thought of
as a 'wrapper' around the DB-API and database specific modules.
PDO offers a unique interface which includes such features as column
access by name,
forward and backward movement through a result set and much, much more.
Downloads for Python Database Objects are available on SourceForge.Net
or for more information please visit pdo.neurokode.com.

Bryan J Gudorf
~NeuroKode Labs