Python Doc 2.6 vs 2.5--A Matter of Format?

W. eWatson

I see <http://www.python.org/doc/2.5/> for 2.5 and <http://docs.python.org/>
for 2.6. I'm guessing these two pages differ somewhat in formats simply
because someone decided to do so, and not that I'm in the wrong place for
each of the two versions, correct? For example, somewhere down in the 2.5, I
should find the 2.6 equivalent of <http://docs.python.org/genindex.html>?
--
W. eWatson

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

Martin v. Löwis

I see said:
<http://docs.python.org/> for 2.6. I'm guessing these two pages differ
somewhat in formats simply because someone decided to do so, and not
that I'm in the wrong place for each of the two versions, correct?

Correct. The documentation format has significantly changed.
For
example, somewhere down in the 2.5, I should find the 2.6 equivalent of
<http://docs.python.org/genindex.html>?

Not necessarily. The change in format also means a change in indices;
the formats differ in what indices precisely are created, and what
precisely they contain. Try

http://www.python.org/doc/2.5/lib/genindex.html

Regards,
Martin