Python docs in Info format?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ben Finney, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Ben Finney

    Ben Finney Guest

    On 25 Nov 2003 13:25:01 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:
    > Has anyone got a script to convert the Python docs (particularly the
    > library reference) to Info format, so they can be browsed with the
    > Emacs Info browser? That would be much more convenient than having
    > to fire up a web browser all the time. Thanks.

    You can browse Web pages in Emacs using W3.

    <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/elisp/w3/>

    --
    \ "Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
    `\ there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |

    Paul Rubin, Nov 25, 2003

    There are Info docs on http://python.org/doc/current/download.html

    --

    =*= Lukasz Pankowski =*=

    Lukasz Pankowski, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Ben Finney

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Ben Finney <> writes:
    > You can browse Web pages in Emacs using W3.
    >
    > <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/elisp/w3/>

    Yeah, but that's not so nice to navigate. Info is a perfectly good
    doc format and it would be nice to be able to crunch those latex files
    into info format.

    Paul Rubin, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Paul Rubin wrote in message <>...
    >Has anyone got a script to convert the Python docs (particularly the
    >library reference) to Info format, so they can be browsed with the
    >Emacs Info browser? That would be much more convenient than having
    >to fire up a web browser all the time. Thanks.

    Um, no need to convert:

    http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.2/download.html

    --
    Francis Avila

    Francis Avila, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Paul Rubin <http://> writes:

    > Has anyone got a script to convert the Python docs (particularly the
    > library reference) to Info format, so they can be browsed with the
    > Emacs Info browser? That would be much more convenient than having
    > to fire up a web browser all the time. Thanks.

    The scripts you seek are in the Python source and used every time we
    do a release :)

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    But maybe I've just programmed in enough different languages to
    assume that they are, in fact, different.

    Michael Hudson, Nov 26, 2003