Python documentation problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Xah Lee, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    Python documentation,
    http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/typesfunctions.html

    -----------------
    2.3.10.3 Functions

    Function objects are created by function definitions. The only
    operation on a function object is to call it: func(argument-list).

    There are really two flavors of function objects: built-in functions
    and user-defined functions. Both support the same operation (to call
    the function), but the implementation is different, hence the different
    object types.

    See the Python Reference Manual for more information.
    -----------------

    **** the python doc wasted my time. **** python coders.
    Each time i tried to use python doc and got frustrated because it being
    grossly incompetent, i'll post a message like this, no more frequent
    than once a week. This will go on as long the python community does
    nothing to fix it or that i remain coding in python.
    For reference, see
    http://xahlee.org/perl-python/re-write_notes.html

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Xah Lee wrote:

    > **** the python doc wasted my time. **** python coders.

    Use your words!

    The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
    -- Plutarch

    Erik Max Francis, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.

    somecode='3+4'
    print eval(somecode) # prints 7

    in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
    info?

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Also sprach Xah Lee:

    > i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.
    >
    > somecode='3+4'
    > print eval(somecode) # prints 7
    >
    > in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
    > info?

    You are not going to find it in comp.lang.perl.misc.

    Tassilo
    --
    use bigint;

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Xah Lee wrote:
    > Python documentation,
    > [...] Python Reference Manual for more information.
    > [...] python doc wasted my time. [...] python coders.
    > [...] use python doc
    > python community [...] coding in python.

    [Sexual explicatives deleted]

    And this outburst has exactly _what_ to do with Perl (see list of NGs)?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Xah Lee wrote:
    > i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.
    >
    > somecode='3+4'
    > print eval(somecode) # prints 7
    >
    > in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find
    > this info?

    Why are you asking in a Perl NG for information about Python?
    Or are you also asking your backer how to trim a steak?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 18, 2005
  7. Xah Lee

    Guest

    In comp.lang.perl.misc Xah Lee <> wrote:
    > i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.

    > somecode='3+4'
    > print eval(somecode) # prints 7

    > in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
    > info?

    By using the index - it's an alphabetical list of names and topics.

    Follow-ups set.

    Axel

    , Jun 18, 2005