Python editors again (it's not the same old request)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Eric S. Johansson, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. I upgraded to version 9.5 and all of my tools which enabled me to program by
    voice in Emacs are broken. it's one of those dagnabbit a moment's of life.

    What I am looking for is a Windows based Python Smart editor that uses specific
    rich text edit controls as specified here:

    http://knowledgebase.nuance.com/view.asp?tnID=5104&sQuery=4247

    Quoting from the article:
    """
    A window is considered standard if its window class name is one of the following:

    Edit

    RichEdit

    RichEdit20A

    RichEdit20W

    RichEdit50W

    If the name is not one of those, then an edit control is still considered
    standard if its window class name and window styles are similar to those of
    standard edit controls.

    """

    There is some other stuff in there about other classes that may be able to work
    in so far, they haven't yield anything useful to me. Doesn't mean I won't keep
    trying but it's more than a tad frustrating trying to root out some of these
    magic numbers. Any help would be most appreciated. Actually, it would be
    really nice if wxwindows and gtk used the standard classes underneath so
    accessibility would be there semiautomatically on Windows but that's a different
    conversation.
    Eric S. Johansson, Jun 10, 2007