Python embedded interpreter: how to initialize the interpreter ?

ycollet

Hello,

I've written a C embedded application. I want to open a python gui
application in my C program but when I do :

PyRun_String( "import gui.py", file_input, pDictionary, pDictionary );

the interpreter emits an error: tkinter module not defined

What script must I load to initialize the embedded python interpreter
so as I have the same modules in the python command line and in the
python embedded interpreter ? /usr/lib/python2.4/*.py ??

Yann COLLETTE

Gabriel Genellina

At said:
I've written a C embedded application. I want to open a python gui
application in my C program but when I do :

PyRun_String( "import gui.py", file_input, pDictionary, pDictionary );

the interpreter emits an error: tkinter module not defined

Does it work if you try it from the interpreter?

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

brent.chambers

the interpreter emits an error: tkinter module not defined

Capitalize the 't', in Tkinter, its case sensitive.

Ziga Seilnacht

Hello,

I've written a C embedded application. I want to open a python gui
application in my C program but when I do :

PyRun_String( "import gui.py", file_input, pDictionary, pDictionary );

the interpreter emits an error: tkinter module not defined

What script must I load to initialize the embedded python interpreter
so as I have the same modules in the python command line and in the
python embedded interpreter ? /usr/lib/python2.4/*.py ??

Yann COLLETTE

Did you call the Py_Initialize() function before trying to execute that
statement? Note also that you might have to Py_SetProgramName(somepath)
before calling Py_Initialize(). See the documentation for details:
http://docs.python.org/ext/embedding.html
http://docs.python.org/api/embedding.html

Hope this helps,
Ziga