python equivalent to access reports

flupke

Hi,

a lot of applications here a made with access. Tables, forms, reports
and the like. Now i rather use Python to do this but i'm not sure how to
proceed. I can use wxPython for a gui via wxGlade for rapid testing and
design (forms), MySQL as db (tables) but the report part is what's
bothering me.
The only semi easy way that i see is by making html files with the
results in and then opening a browser to display the result.
But this would lack nice printing as there is no way to cleanly start a
new page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Benedict

flupke

flupke said:
Hi,

a lot of applications here a made with access. Tables, forms, reports
and the like. Now i rather use Python to do this but i'm not sure how to
proceed. I can use wxPython for a gui via wxGlade for rapid testing and
design (forms), MySQL as db (tables) but the report part is what's
bothering me.
The only semi easy way that i see is by making html files with the
results in and then opening a browser to display the result.
But this would lack nice printing as there is no way to cleanly start a
new page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Benedict

I just saw a reference too http://www.reportlab.org/
This might do what i want.

Benedict

jean-michel

flupke said:
a lot of applications here a made with access. Tables, forms, reports
and the like. Now i rather use Python to do this but i'm not sure how to
proceed. I can use wxPython for a gui via wxGlade for rapid testing and
design (forms), MySQL as db (tables) but the report part is what's
bothering me.

Any other ideas?

Hello,
You can use wxwindows (http://www.wxpython.org/) which have some very nice
report classes.
If you want to know more, you just have to download and try the demo.
++jm