Python Expert

Perseo

Hi guys,

we are looking for a python developer for a European project. This
project is multilangual and free it is called EuroCv and it need a
module for exporting data in PDF. As web developer I try to create this
module but It's too complicate for me. Check out the service
www.eurocv.eu for more details. Contact us by Skype chat system our
nick is eurocv.

Thanks

Keith Perkins

wrote:
Hi guys,

we are looking for a python developer for a European project. This
project is multilangual and free it is called EuroCv and it need a
module for exporting data in PDF. As web developer I try to create this
module but It's too complicate for me. Check out the service
www.eurocv.eu for more details. Contact us by Skype chat system our
nick is eurocv.

Thanks
have you looked at the reportlab module? http://www.reportlab.org/

Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Perseo said:
Hi guys,

we are looking for a python developer for a European project. This
project is multilangual and free it is called EuroCv and it need a
module for exporting data in PDF.

A brute-force approach could be to sidestep PDF and design a
template(s) in LaTex containing fields identified by strings. LaTeX
can produce many formats, one of those is PDF.

Then have your output module read the template, do a search & replace
of the fields with values (remembering to quote the characters that
LaTex will choke on and removing the codes for the blank fields) and
write the finished LaTeX document to disk. (Maybe there are even
templating modules in Python that will take care of this).

Then compile the documents with latex, run the resulting *.dvi file
through dvipdf and return a link to it. This is a "compiler pattern".
You need a naming scheme to identify your file(s) but the rest is
pretty old.

The Python application "scons" (a make replacement) can control the
"build" process - in case that you are not on a unix box - one could
have "build" application periodically looking for *.tex files and
compile them into *pdf whenever one is deposited in the right place.
Scons support distributed builds b.t.w.

Perseo

Hi again,

I must create a webpage with this service not a standalone software. Is
it correct, anyway? have you a little example to show me? Thanks for
your suggestions.