Python-Finance mailing list rides again!

Andy Robinson

After numerous requests from people working in this field,
including a substantial show of hands at the Uk Python conference
in April, we have decided to start up a new python-finance list.

The list is a "place to meet" for anyone using Python in finance,
be they quants, traders, accountants, software developers or
academic researchers. It is NOT for stock tips or basic Python
programming advice

Please go here to subscribe....

The old Yahoo one has effectively been dormant for 3 years due
to spam assaults. Chris Grove made heroic attempts to moderate
it, but I suspect most users had left, or their spam filters had
been trained on it. Therefore, we will re-advertise, but will
not auto-migrate the hundreds of users, few of whom were real.
This list is hosted by ReportLab and has several staff able to
administer it promptly. In addition, we find Mailman to be generally
quite good at keeping spam under control.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect
ReportLab Europe Ltd.