python for flash drives

Putty

Is there such a thing as a special version of python that I can run
more efficiently from a flash drive? I'll be at college for hours
every day with hours of free time for the next few months, but the only
computers at my disposal are windows PCs that use GoBack to auto-revert
every reboot. So I'm kinda stuck. I don't want to have to reinstall
python AND wxPython AND PIL every stinking time I log on. However,
using it from my flash drive is painfully slow taking up to a minute
just to execute some scripts. And it's not doing me any favors with
I/O to the flash disk either.

So I was wondering if anybody knew of some flash drive implementations
of python that might exist out there somewhere?

Maciej Dziardziel

Putty said:
Is there such a thing as a special version of python that I can run
more efficiently from a flash drive?

google for movable python (or similar)

tobiah

You could always get an mp3 player that windows
can see as a drive letter. I'll bet the I/O
would be quite fast. Plus, you would be
getting an mp3 player.

If money is a concern, check out used ones

Fuzzyman

Putty said:
Is there such a thing as a special version of python that I can run
more efficiently from a flash drive? I'll be at college for hours
every day with hours of free time for the next few months, but the only
computers at my disposal are windows PCs that use GoBack to auto-revert
every reboot. So I'm kinda stuck. I don't want to have to reinstall
python AND wxPython AND PIL every stinking time I log on. However,
using it from my flash drive is painfully slow taking up to a minute
just to execute some scripts. And it's not doing me any favors with
I/O to the flash disk either.

So I was wondering if anybody knew of some flash drive implementations
of python that might exist out there somewhere?

Use Movable Python, which comes with wxPython and PIL.

It's never been that slow for me off a USB flash drive, but you could
just copy the distribution onto the PC each time you use it.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/

Fuzzyman