    I know it is probably 'windows-only' and the.NET runtime is required, but
    what could be other drawbacks on using the .NET framework for gui's?

    guyon

    Guyon Morée, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Guyon Morée

    John Baxter Guest

    In article <3f3755be$0$8308$>,
    "Guyon Morée" <> wrote:

    > I know it is probably 'windows-only' and the.NET runtime is required, but
    > what could be other drawbacks on using the .NET framework for gui's?

    Fewer than all (I don't know how many fewer, but I know 3 machines...one
    my laptop and two the local computer club) Windows users download the
    ..NET stuff which MS keeps pushing in Windows update.

    If you have some control over the users, that problem goes away.

    --John

    --
    Email to above address discarded by provider's server. Don't bother sending.

    John Baxter, Aug 11, 2003