python for .NET (question/idea)

Guyon Morée

I was looking at the python for .NET stuff mentioned in a previous thread. I
downloaded the package and to my suprise there was also a demo-app included
which used the .NET 'Forms' module.

I thought it was cool to be able to use the .NET gui library, which is quite
clean and powerful in my opinion.

I know it is probably 'windows-only' and the.NET runtime is required, but
what could be other drawbacks on using the .NET framework for gui's?

guyon

John Baxter

"Guyon Morée said:
I know it is probably 'windows-only' and the.NET runtime is required, but
what could be other drawbacks on using the .NET framework for gui's?

Fewer than all (I don't know how many fewer, but I know 3 machines...one
my laptop and two the local computer club) Windows users download the
..NET stuff which MS keeps pushing in Windows update.

If you have some control over the users, that problem goes away.

--John