Python for Series 40 Nokia?

Dotan Cohen

I had once heard something about python running on a Series 40 Nokia,
but I am unable to google anything concrete. Might it have been
Jython? Is there a known implementation of Python for the series 40
(which is not Symbian, by the way)? Will Jython work in such an
environment?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
×-ב-×’-ד-×”-ו-×–-×—-ט-×™-ך-×›-ל-×-מ-ן-× -ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

colemichae

I had once heard something about python running on a Series 40 Nokia,
but I am unable to google anything concrete. Might it have been
Jython? Is there a known implementation of Python for the series 40
(which is not Symbian, by the way)? Will Jython work in such an
environment?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.comhttp://gibberish.co.il
×-ב-×’-ד-×”-ו-×–-×—-ט-×™-ך-×›-ל-×-מ-ן-× -ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

there is a comment here of using jython on a nokia S40
Nokia 7210 SDK for Nokia Series 40 platform.
http://bookshelf.sourceforge.net/en/src-build.html

So i think i will work.

I am using a S60 and works well, I have a GPS program in Python,
Editors, Ogg player, and other assorted items.

I myself purchased the Nokia N70 purely because of the Python ability
it had..