Python for the Playstation 3

Blubaugh, David A.

To All,

I was wondering if there is still a community effort to develop Python
for Linux distributions for the Sony Playstation 3?? I have found a few
WebPages stating this effort to port Python in such a way to take
advantage of the Cell architecture within the playstation? However, all
of these WebPages are severely dated back as far as 2005-2006, with
absolutely no additional activity since that time. I believe these
WebPages are now abandoned. Is there any interest within the Python
development team to port the Python language to the cell processor?? If
not, I could try!! Anyone else interested in developing the playstation
3 into a powerful supercomputer for the common individual??? I am also
interested in developing clusters of playstations for HPC by taking
advantage of Python's support for RPC and MPI!

Thanks,

David Blubaugh

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the
message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in
correcting this error is appreciated.