Python GDB Wrapper

Raja

Hi,
I am trying to develop a a GDB wrapper script in python which is
able to extract a stack trace and all relevant data.

Has anyone does this before ? Even some basic idea or code as to how
to proceed would be great.

Thanks,
Raja.

Daniel Bonekeeper

Hi,
I am trying to develop a a GDB wrapper script in python which is
able to extract a stack trace and all relevant data.

Has anyone does this before ? Even some basic idea or code as to how
to proceed would be great.

Thanks,
Raja.

You mean extract the information from core dump files that gdb interprets ?
Check out stuff like ELF, Dwarf 3 (http://dwarf.freestandards.org/)
and gdb sources.

Raja

Hi All,
Thanks for replies. Daniel- I am looking at just a wrapper
around GDB. I dont want to emulate the functionalities of GDB but
instead use them in python scripting.
Martin - Misc/gdbinit looks promising. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Raja.

Raja

Hi All,
Thanks for replies. Daniel- I am looking at just a wrapper
around GDB. I dont want to emulate the functionalities of GDB but
instead use them in python scripting.
Martin - Misc/gdbinit looks promising. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Raja.

Hi All,
Marting- I looked at the Misc/gdbinit but what I want is a Python
module which wraps around GDB and exposes its functionality, which has
some methods in it like pystack to which if I give the arguments as
program name and arguments displays the stack trace of that particular
program .

Thanks,
Raja.