    Can some one please suggest

    Thanks in advance.

    Anand

    Anand K Rayudu, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Anand K Rayudu

    nobody Guest

    You could try BOA Constructor, it is Delphi like. It needs wxPython
    (wxWindows python binding) installed first. The Google will spit the correct
    URLs.

    nobody, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Anand K Rayudu

    Myles Guest

    Hello Anand,

    > I am new to python & want to build some GUI dialogs.
    > Can some one please suggest some document reference.

    On Windows you can use standard resource DLLs, but you
    have to have some experience with Windows programming,
    have another tool for building the resource DLL, and be
    happy with working on the one platform only.

    WxPython has Boa, but you have to be willing to deal with
    the multiple message IDs of that style of programming.
    http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

    Another possibility is wxGlade.
    http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/

    I am biased towards PythonCard, the only one I've used
    seriously.
    PythonCard, a layer on top of wxPython, has a nice simple
    GUI builder (the Resource Editor), is very easy to use,
    and produces cross-platform code.
    http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/
    Be sure to read the tutorials in the documentation section.

    If you have Visual Basic, you can use its GUI builder and
    translate it into PythonCard using vb2py.
    http://vb2py.sourceforge.net/

    SpecPython, (now incorporated into SpecTix), lets you use
    the SpecTcl GUI builder and translate it into Python for
    use with Tkinter.
    http://www.geocities.com/eric_brunel/SpecPython.en.html
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mike/Tide/Spectix/Spectix.html

    PAGE is a GUI builder also using the Tix widgets:
    http://page.sourceforge.net/

    PythonWorks Pro (commercial) comes with a GUI builder for
    Tkinter.
    http://www.pythonware.com/products/works/articles/gui_toolkits.htm

    Komodo Pro (commercial) comes with a GUI builder (Tkinter, I think)
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Komodo/komodo-doc-guibuilder.html

    Tkinter coding (without a GUI builder) can be simplified by such tools
    as tVector. http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/tVector/

    Some of the Qt toolkits have GUI builders (commercial), but
    there is a potential licensing issue for Windows programs.
    http://www.thekompany.com/products/blackadder/
    http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/designer.html

    > I am hoping that standard python install will have some GUI development
    > modules & GUI builder in built.

    No. Python is fairly GUI-agnostic - although Tkinter is included with
    the standard installer on some platforms, a GUI builder is not.
    However, as evinced by the list above, it plays nicely with a number
    GUI toolkits and GUI builders.

    Regards, Myles.

    Myles, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Anand K Rayudu