    zhao Guest

    python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
    2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?
    zhao, Dec 14, 2004

  2. zhao

    Jeff Shannon Guest

    zhao wrote:

    >python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
    >2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?

    This has been asked numerous times on the wxPython list in recent
    weeks. :) Robin Dunn is reportedly working now on updating his build
    environment and scripts to use VS.NET, and hopes to have wxPython built
    for 2.4 Real Soon Now(tm).

    Jeff Shannon
    Technician/Programmer
    Credit International
    Jeff Shannon, Dec 14, 2004

  3. zhao

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Jeff Shannon wrote:
    > zhao wrote:
    >> python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
    >> 2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?

    > This has been asked numerous times on the wxPython list in recent
    > weeks. :) Robin Dunn is reportedly working now on updating his build
    > environment and scripts to use VS.NET, and hopes to have wxPython built
    > for 2.4 Real Soon Now(tm).

    Thankfully (specifically, thanks to Robin!), Real Soon Now in the
    Python world actually means real *and* soon *and* now, as witness
    this message from the wxpython-users list:

    '''
    I've just uploaded 2.5.3.1 binaries for MSW to SourceForge.
    --
    Robin Dunn
    '''

    Cheers! And kudos to Robin for his ongoing excellent support.
    You'd think people were, like, paying him to answer or something.
    But that's just crazy talk...)

    -Peter

    P.S.: Works just fine on WinXPProSP2... suh-weet!
    Peter Hansen, Dec 15, 2004