python gui

zhao

python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?

Jeff Shannon

zhao said:
python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?

This has been asked numerous times on the wxPython list in recent
weeks. :) Robin Dunn is reportedly working now on updating his build
environment and scripts to use VS.NET, and hopes to have wxPython built
for 2.4 Real Soon Now(tm).

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International

Peter Hansen

Jeff said:
This has been asked numerous times on the wxPython list in recent
weeks. :) Robin Dunn is reportedly working now on updating his build
environment and scripts to use VS.NET, and hopes to have wxPython built
for 2.4 Real Soon Now(tm).

Thankfully (specifically, thanks to Robin!), Real Soon Now in the
Python world actually means real *and* soon *and* now, as witness
this message from the wxpython-users list:

'''
I've just uploaded 2.5.3.1 binaries for MSW to SourceForge.
--
Robin Dunn
'''

Cheers! And kudos to Robin for his ongoing excellent support.
You'd think people were, like, paying him to answer or something.
But that's just crazy talk...)

-Peter

P.S.: Works just fine on WinXPProSP2... suh-weet!