Python Gurus; "Legend in their own Lunchtime"?

Discussion in 'Python' started by gmduncan, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. gmduncan

    gmduncan Guest

    UK "Private Eye" readers will wink at this.

    I've been flicking thru Alex Martelli's "Python In a Nutshell"
    and have been impressed by the authoritive tone , and scope of
    its contents.

    An impressive production from a technical point of view, even tho
    I doubt that anyone could have created it all without help.

    But am I the only one to feel discomforted by the many Olympian
    (questionable) judgements he scatters through the code, about
    every aspect of software development ? A better editor needed ...

    I also wonder why he never saw fit to mention under "Books and
    Magazines", Graysons book "Python and TKinter Programming".

    Martelli needs to say why. Alex - are you there ?

    - Gary (irritated)
    gmduncan, Jul 7, 2003

  2. gmduncan

    Peter Hansen Guest

    gmduncan wrote:

    > But am I the only one to feel discomforted by the many Olympian
    > (questionable) judgements he scatters through the code, about
    > every aspect of software development ? A better editor needed ...

    If they're so questionable, why not question them? About
    which ones, specifically, do you have a beef? Maybe we can
    discuss them here, and all agree that the author missed the
    boat big time one pronouncement X or Y... ;-)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jul 7, 2003