Python IDLE Question

Discussion in 'Python' started by tony.ha@philips.com, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have a question about Python IDLE, when I run a Python script under the
    Edit Window of IDLE, i.e Run -> Run Module,
    I have the following Message:

    IDLE 1.0.3

    Warning: HOME environment variable points to
    C:
    but the path does not exist.
    ================================ RESTART ================================

    1. What does this Warning about? Do I need to set my HOME variable to
    some where else?
    If so, where?

    2. "but the path does not exist" What does this refer to? what path?

    NOTE: I run Python IDLE under Windows XP, and I check the environment
    variable, there is NO HOME variable in the environment!

    By the way, the scripts run ok under IDLE, just curiosity about this
    message!

    , Jun 9, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a question about Python IDLE, when I run a Python script under the
    > Edit Window of IDLE, i.e Run -> Run Module,
    > I have the following Message:
    >
    > IDLE 1.0.3
    >
    > Warning: HOME environment variable points to
    > C:
    > but the path does not exist.

    What do you get when you do the following in your Python shell?

    >> import os
    >> userDir = os.path.expanduser("~")
    >> print userDir

    Vincent Wehren