Python Imaging Library status

paulo.jpinto

Hi guys,

is the famous PIL now a dead project?

Latest available download is from 2006 and I still don't see any signs
of having it updated for Python 2.6 or 3.x versions.

Thanks in Advance,
Paulo

Gabriel Genellina

En Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:07:30 -0300, (e-mail address removed)
is the famous PIL now a dead project?

Latest available download is from 2006 and I still don't see any signs
of having it updated for Python 2.6 or 3.x versions.

Version 1.1.7 is in beta.
Here you can find all available versions:
http://effbot.org/downloads/#pil
There is no official 3.x version yet, but ask in the image-SIG list.

Emile van Sebille

On 12/16/2009 8:07 AM (e-mail address removed) said...
Hi guys,

is the famous PIL now a dead project?

Latest available download is from 2006 and I still don't see any signs
of having it updated for Python 2.6 or 3.x versions.

PIL for Python 2.6 is available for download from
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ -- I don't know about 3.x plans...

Emile

paulo.jpinto

En Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:07:30 -0300, (e-mail address removed)

Version 1.1.7 is in beta.
Here you can find all available versions:http://effbot.org/downloads/#pil
There is no official 3.x version yet, but ask in the image-SIG list.

Thanks for the quick feedback, it is good to know that PIL is still
alive.

Paulo