    much like the web site. What web site? The second edition apparently adds
    more to the book than the web site.

    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>
    W. eWatson, Aug 28, 2008

  2. W. eWatson

    Matimus Guest

    On Aug 28, 3:05 pm, "W. eWatson" <> wrote:
    > I read an Amazon of Python in a Nutshell. The first edition is supposedly
    > much like the web site. What web site? The second edition apparently adds
    > more to the book than the web site.

    O'Reilly seems to just read all of the available documentation and
    regurgitate it in book form. The "in a nutshell" series being the
    worst offender. Most of "Python in a Nutshell" tells you the same
    information that you can find at http://docs.python.org, which is
    probably "the web site" being referenced.

    Matt
    Matimus, Aug 28, 2008

  3. Cameron Laird wrote:

    > No. No, to an almost libelous extent.

    No matter what you write about, there's always a certain subcategory of
    potential readers who insist that collection, editing, filtering,
    structuring, clarification, and the author's real-life experience of the
    topic he's writing about has no value at all. My guess is that they
    don't value their own time very highly.

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Aug 29, 2008
  4. On Aug 29, 1:44 pm, (Cameron Laird) wrote:
    > Insightful.  Well, I find it insightful; perhaps it's
    > a personal blindness on my part.  I expect programmers
    > to understand, for example, that two lines of code can
    > be a good day's production, in some circumstances

    My best days are the ones were I have a negative count of lines, i.e.
    I am able to remove cruft ;)
    Michele Simionato, Aug 29, 2008