    Best Regards,
    Wang Kebo

    http://www.huihoo.org/~mep
    mep, Dec 7, 2004

  2. mep wrote:
    > I view my python 2.3.4 from python.org by VC6's dependency walker tool.
    > What suprise me is that python.exe and python32.dll are built into *DEBUG*
    > version.

    What precisely did the tool report? To my knowledge, the DLLs are not in
    the debug version.

    Regards,
    Martin
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Dec 7, 2004

  3. mep

    mep Guest

    Hi,
    There is a columen named "Debug" for python.exe and python23.dll."Yes"
    is there.
    And if you open python.exe or python23.dll, you'll see:

    C:\sf\python\dist23\src\PCbuild\python.pdb

    at the tail of file.That means a debug version?

    --
    Best Regards,
    Wang Kebo

    http://www.huihoo.org/~mep

    mep, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Hello,

    > Hi,
    > There is a columen named "Debug" for python.exe and python23.dll."Yes"
    > is there.
    > And if you open python.exe or python23.dll, you'll see:
    >
    > C:\sf\python\dist23\src\PCbuild\python.pdb
    >
    > at the tail of file.That means a debug version?

    No, that means to this file are debug symbols available in python.pdb.
    It's possible to compile a release version with debug symbols to get more
    infos if something crash's.

    Debug version of python needs python23_d.dll.

    bye by Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Langner, Dec 7, 2004