Python in debug version?

mep

Hi, all
I view my python 2.3.4 from python.org by VC6's dependency walker tool.
What suprise me is that python.exe and python32.dll are built into *DEBUG*
version.
Is it intend to do so?Is a release version faster?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

mep said:
I view my python 2.3.4 from python.org by VC6's dependency walker tool.
What suprise me is that python.exe and python32.dll are built into *DEBUG*
version.

What precisely did the tool report? To my knowledge, the DLLs are not in
the debug version.

Regards,
Martin

mep

Hi,
There is a columen named "Debug" for python.exe and python23.dll."Yes"
is there.
And if you open python.exe or python23.dll, you'll see:

C:\sf\python\dist23\src\PCbuild\python.pdb

at the tail of file.That means a debug version?

Wolfgang Langner

Hello,
Hi,
There is a columen named "Debug" for python.exe and python23.dll."Yes"
is there.
And if you open python.exe or python23.dll, you'll see:

C:\sf\python\dist23\src\PCbuild\python.pdb

at the tail of file.That means a debug version?

No, that means to this file are debug symbols available in python.pdb.
It's possible to compile a release version with debug symbols to get more
infos if something crash's.

Debug version of python needs python23_d.dll.

bye by Wolfgang