    other than maybe Pyro ?

    Thanks
    Tonino

    Tonino, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Tonino

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Tonino wrote:
    > Just an interested question - I friend is testing a few JAVA
    > intergration bus's that will be used to intergrate his companies
    > services - I was wondering if there was a python intergration bus ?
    > other than maybe Pyro ?

    I'm not sure what that term means, and I don't believe
    it is a widely recognized term in the field of programming.
    I can guess, or Google for it, but I suspect most of
    what I find wouldn't be what you meant...

    Perhaps you could define what "integration bus" means to
    you so we could understand what your question really is?
    (And please do it without just referencing some Java
    product which none of us will know about.)

    Thanks,
    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Tonino

    Jaco Smuts Guest

    Tonino wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Just an interested question - I friend is testing a few JAVA
    >intergration bus's that will be used to intergrate his companies
    >services - I was wondering if there was a python intergration bus ?
    >other than maybe Pyro ?
    >

    >Thanks
    >Tonino

    Hello Tonino

    There is a Python module (http://www.python.org/other/spread/) for
    Spread (http://www.spread.org/ ) that is worth looking at.

    There is also some work on a rpc module using spread.
    http://pyhacks.suddenthinks.com/spreadrpc/, never worked with this one
    though.

    There is a great module for IBM's websphere mq, pymqi (
    http://pymqi.sourceforge.net/) by L Smithson. This obviously depends on
    using the Commercial websphere MQ product though.

    If web services are an option you can also have a look at

    Clarence (http://clarens.sourceforge.net)

    and / or

    http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

    I've previously stumbled accross some others at sourceforge, but this
    should get you started.

    jaco

    Jaco Smuts, Jan 5, 2005