[python] Is there a python written fax program out there?

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Stockwell, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were looking for some
    software whereby they could run their own fax server (ie a computer with a
    modem, someone sends a fax, and the software convertes it to an image and
    drops it in an email box).

    I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a python
    implementation or other language implementation that is either free or for
    sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get them.

    Thanks

    David
    -------
    Tracfone: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html
    Cam: http://www.duneram.com/cam/index.html
    Tax: http://www.duneram.com/index.html

    Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
    Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married
    David Stockwell, Jun 8, 2004

  2. David Stockwell

    William Park Guest

    David Stockwell <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were looking for some
    > software whereby they could run their own fax server (ie a computer with a
    > modem, someone sends a fax, and the software convertes it to an image and
    > drops it in an email box).
    >
    > I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a python
    > implementation or other language implementation that is either free or for
    > sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get them.
    >
    > Thanks

    Efax. You can use Python to call it. Search Freshmeat.net for exact
    URL.

    --
    William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <>
    No, I will not fix your computer! I'll reformat your harddisk, though.
    William Park, Jun 8, 2004

  3. On 2004-06-08, David Stockwell <> wrote:

    > Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were
    > looking for some software whereby they could run their own fax
    > server (ie a computer with a modem, someone sends a fax, and
    > the software convertes it to an image and drops it in an email
    > box).
    >
    > I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a
    > python implementation or other language implementation that is
    > either free or for sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get
    > them.

    For a single-user, efax is pretty decent. For a group fax
    servers, Hylafax is the usual answer.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! They don't hire
    at PERSONAL PINHEADS,
    Grant Edwards, Jun 8, 2004