    and ready to use.

    If there's more than one, does anyone have a favorite?

    Thanks.
    Paul Rubin, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Oliver Andrich, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Paul Rubin

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Paul Rubin napisa³(a):

    > Is there such a thing as a general purpose Python Jabber client? I'm
    > imagining one that uses tkinter.
    >
    > A little Googling finds a couple of Jabber protocol libraries written
    > in Python, a few half-finished projects, and a client>
    > If there's more than one, does anyone have a favorite?

    Gajim is most advanced one, if you don't mind GUI. There are also few
    CLI XMPP/Jabber clients, but most of them is *x-limited.

    As for libs, there are 2 that are worth of attention: xmpp.py, which has
    very slow pace of advancement (most current version is available from
    Gajim svn repo, sigh!) and PyXMPP, which is very limited in usage due to
    use of libxml, which makes porting to Windows a real PITA. If you want a
    decent library, get the one from Gajim repo, it is not as standard
    compliant as PyXMPP (PyXMPP author is a JSF member), but is really and
    true cross platform.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://jpa.berlios.de/