Python JavaScript solution to hold vertical scroll bar

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Pratt, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. David Pratt

    David Pratt Guest

    Hi. I am putting together a database application on Zope. I have built
    a pager for my records (20 per page) but do not want the browser scroll
    bars to reset to the top of the browser each time the pager is
    advanced to the previous or next page. The normal behavior is fine for
    everything but the anchor tags I am using for the pager.

    Instead of resetting when a new page is sellected, I want the vertical
    scrollbar to maintain its position so when the link is clicked, the
    vertical scrollbar position is passed to the next page (so the page
    does not jerk to the top but stay in the same position).

    I am using css to style anchor tags as buttons and am currently passing
    the record start position for the page to the next page.
    ie <a class="page_plain"
    href="https://mydomain.com/path/index_html?start:int=20">2</a>

    I am assuming the best way of handling this would be to pass the
    current vertical scroll position as a parameter to a JavaScript. Does
    anyone have such a solution or other advice for solving this?

    Regards,
    David
    David Pratt, Jun 28, 2005