Python, Jython, Pypy, etc - and python standard lexemes

Discussion in 'Python' started by Borcis, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Borcis

    Borcis Guest

    Suppose you want to hook a CPython process and a JPython process
    together, while minimizing "C2J" impedance.

    Do we have better than exec statements and eval functions ?

    Would it not be in the style of py,
    having failed after years to give life
    to py's own version of s-expressions,
    by way of ast modules and such,
    to devise a lexical format,
    made to save communicating py processes,
    better than 50% over transmitting py source ?

    Will there come an age of "meta-lexical" py ?

    Should the standard py examples show the unicode
    machinery
    put to servicing
    pure meta-lexical py tasks ?

    Borcis, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Borcis

    Borcis Guest

    > Suppose you want to hook a CPython process and a JPython process
    > together, while minimizing "C2J" impedance.
    >
    >...devise a lexical format,
    > made to save communicating py processes,
    > better than 50% over transmitting py source...

    Not to forget "decompyle",
    a beautiful effort,
    towards the demonstration that
    *pure* compiled cpython *bytecode*
    contains eg 99 % of source.

    Aren't we seeing
    that Saddam's surrender shows,
    George W. Bush would have been at no risk,
    had he upheld the challenge
    of single combat
    while requiring the weapon
    to be fair russian roulette ?