Python launcher not working on Mac after Leopard upgrade?

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

I just installed Leopard on my Mac. I already was using Python 2.5.
I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
this problem?

André

kyosohma

I just installed Leopard on my Mac. I already was using Python 2.5.
I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
this problem?

André

My guess is the environmental settings have changed somehow. You may
be able to edit the shortcut's properties somehow to make it work, but
I don't have a Mac, so I can't say for sure. Reinstalling the main
Python distro would probably fix the issue.

Mike

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

My guess is the environmental settings have changed somehow. You may
be able to edit the shortcut's properties somehow to make it work, but
I don't have a Mac, so I can't say for sure. Reinstalling the main
Python distro would probably fix the issue.

Mike

I had tried both ... with no success. Just a minor pain, but still...

André

Cliff Harris

I can launch a script from IDLE as well as the command line.

If I start Python Launcher and choose File/Open... I get a dialog box: "The
document 'script.py' could not be opened". It's definitely a Python
Launcher problem. No fix so far.

One other thing I noticed is that when I opened any Python script in
TextEdit and then tried to save it with Cmd-S it said "The file could not be
saved". After doing a Save As... on that one file everything was OK. Now I
can save any Python script, not just the one that had the original problem.
I don't know if this is relevant, but it sure seems strange.