    Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
    this problem?

    André

    =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=, Nov 3, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

    Guest

    On Nov 3, 7:57 am, André <> wrote:
    > I just installed Leopard on my Mac. I already was using Python 2.5.
    > I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
    > script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
    > either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
    > Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
    > this problem?
    >
    > André

    My guess is the environmental settings have changed somehow. You may
    be able to edit the shortcut's properties somehow to make it work, but
    I don't have a Mac, so I can't say for sure. Reinstalling the main
    Python distro would probably fix the issue.

    Mike

    , Nov 5, 2007

  3. On Nov 5, 11:57 am, wrote:
    > On Nov 3, 7:57 am, André <> wrote:
    >
    > > I just installed Leopard on my Mac. I already was using Python 2.5.
    > > I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
    > > script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
    > > either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
    > > Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
    > > this problem?

    > > André

    > My guess is the environmental settings have changed somehow. You may
    > be able to edit the shortcut's properties somehow to make it work, but
    > I don't have a Mac, so I can't say for sure. Reinstalling the main
    > Python distro would probably fix the issue.
    >
    > Mike

    I had tried both ... with no success. Just a minor pain, but still...

    André

    =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=, Nov 5, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?B?QW5kcuk=?=

    Cliff Harris Guest

    On Nov 5, 11:57 am, wrote:
    > On Nov 3, 7:57 am, André <> wrote:
    >
    > > I just installed Leopard on my Mac. I already was using Python 2.5.
    > > I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
    > > script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
    > > either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
    > > Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
    > > this problem?

    > > André

    I can launch a script from IDLE as well as the command line.

    If I start Python Launcher and choose File/Open... I get a dialog box: "The
    document 'script.py' could not be opened". It's definitely a Python
    Launcher problem. No fix so far.

    One other thing I noticed is that when I opened any Python script in
    TextEdit and then tried to save it with Cmd-S it said "The file could not be
    saved". After doing a Save As... on that one file everything was OK. Now I
    can save any Python script, not just the one that had the original problem.
    I don't know if this is relevant, but it sure seems strange.

    Cliff Harris, Nov 6, 2007