python-ldap/win32 or python/ldap/win32

Discussion in 'Python' started by rcmn, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. rcmn

    rcmn Guest

    i'm running around in circle trying to to use python/ldap/ on
    win32(WinXP). I want to write a script that read SQL data(no pbm) and
    insert member in a AD group(pbm).I used the module
    Active_Directory(very easy to use).but it read only AD.
    So i have been try to install python-ldap on a win32/python2.4
    install.But each time i try

    ------------------------
    setup.py build
    ------------------------
    i get

    running build_ext
    error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
    extensions for Python.
    of course i insalled .NET ,and it keeped doing it, google around found
    some registry key thing that have to be changed.tried that but still
    nothing.I have been looking around more but the informations i find on
    that topic seems so clunky and out dated(2004-2003) that i really don't
    think i should wast my time any further without asking around if i'm
    going the right direction.Because i have the feeling Python/Ldap/win32
    shouldn't be such a problem to use...And if it isn't then...Python is
    not the language i need to accomplish that task.
    rcmn, Nov 6, 2006

  2. rcmn wrote:
    > i'm running around in circle trying to to use python/ldap/ on
    > win32(WinXP).

    Maybe this message sent to the python-ldap-dev mailing list helps.
    You're welcome to follow up on this list.

    Ciao, Michael.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=, Nov 6, 2006