Python libraries for iCalendar, which one to use?

tinnews

I am about to try writing a little Python utility to extract some data
from an iCalendar file. A quick Google search turns up two possible
libraries to use - vobject and "iCalendar package for Python".

First question - have I missed any other (better?) ones?

Second question - how do I choose which to use. Do I just use the
obvious criteria like recent activity, has the methods I want etc. or
is there some place that assigns official/respectability to a library?