python library for web discussions

Amir Michail

Hi,

I'm building something like digg/reddit and would like to allow people
to have discussions on various items.

Is there a simple lightweight python library that I can use (as opposed
to a heavyweight web framework)? Although not necessary, some sort of
scoring/moderation mechanism would be good also (e.g., like
reddit/slashdot).

Amir

Gregory Petrosyan

reddit is written with webpy (webpy.org), maybe you should give it a
try?

Amir Michail

Gregory said:
reddit is written with webpy (webpy.org), maybe you should give it a
try?

I'm looking for a library that provides commenting on items in a
similar way to reddit/digg/slashdot. I would rather not write all that
code from scratch.

I don't think web.py comes with that functionality, although of course,
some free package may provide it on top of web.py.

Amir

Irmen de Jong

Amir said:
Hi,

I'm building something like digg/reddit and would like to allow people
to have discussions on various items.

Is there a simple lightweight python library that I can use (as opposed
to a heavyweight web framework)? Although not necessary, some sort of
scoring/moderation mechanism would be good also (e.g., like
reddit/slashdot).

If you don't mind that it is not possible to discuss in "threads",
you may want to have a look at my blog server "Frog":
http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/frog/

Ah, it doesn't support a scoring/moderation system too.
So it may not really suit your needs, but if you can't find
something else.... ;-)

--Irmen