python logging config file doesn't allow filters?

Matthew Wilson

The python logging module is a beautiful masterpiece. I'm studying
filters and the config-file approach. Is it possible to define a filter
somehow and then refer to it in my config file?

TIA

Matt

Vinay Sajip

I'm studying
filters and the config-file approach. Is it possible to define a filter
somehow and then refer to it in my config file?

I'm afraid not. There's currently no support for filters in the
configuration file format, and no plans to include them in the near
future (your post is the first time configuring filters has been
mentioned). However, if you would like to submit a patch, I'll
certainly take a look at it!

Best regards,

Vinay sajip