    An example can be seen on the right under History:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History

    This would be very helpful for all users.

    spike, Feb 8, 2010

  2. spike

    Gary Herron Guest

    spike wrote:
    > Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    > flow chart?
    >
    > An example can be seen on the right under History:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    >
    > This would be very helpful for all users.

    Huh??? What aspect of Python were you thinking of mapping out?

    Your example us a bad ascii art graph of -- I've no clue what?

    Gary Herron

    Gary Herron, Feb 8, 2010

  3. spike

    Carl Banks Guest

    On Feb 8, 12:20 pm, spike <> wrote:
    > Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    > flow chart?
    >
    > An example can be seen on the right under History:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    >
    > This would be very helpful for all users.

    Begin

    Start Editor

    Write Code <----+
    | |
    | |
    V |
    Run Python |
    | |
    | | No.
    V |
    Did it do what you want?

    | Yes.

    Stop.

    HTH.

    Carl Banks

    Carl Banks, Feb 9, 2010
  4. spike

    Carl Banks Guest

    On Feb 8, 1:35 pm, Gary Herron <> wrote:
    > spike wrote:
    > > Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    > > flow chart?

    > > An example can be seen on the right under History:
    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History

    > > This would be very helpful for all users.

    > Huh???  What aspect of Python were you thinking of mapping out?
    >
    > Your example us a bad ascii art graph of -- I've no clue what?

    Usenet servers.

    Back in the day people had these in their .sigfiles

    Carl Banks

    Carl Banks, Feb 9, 2010
  5. spike

    spike Guest

    On Feb 8, 1:35 pm, Gary Herron <> wrote:
    > spike wrote:
    > > Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    > > flow chart?

    > > An example can be seen on the right under History:
    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History

    > > This would be very helpful for all users.

    > Huh???  What aspect of Python were you thinking of mapping out?
    >
    > Your example us a bad ascii art graph of -- I've no clue what?
    >
    > Gary Herron

    Do you know what "Logic" means? Guess not. Before you comedians quit
    your day job some people are looking for information. If you have
    nothing positive to say, go pester somewhere else.

    Grow up.

    spike, Feb 9, 2010
  6. spike

    Gary Herron Guest

    spike wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 1:35 pm, Gary Herron <> wrote:
    >
    >> spike wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    >>> flow chart?
    >>>
    >>> An example can be seen on the right under History:
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    >>>
    >>> This would be very helpful for all users.
    >>>

    >> Huh??? What aspect of Python were you thinking of mapping out?
    >>
    >> Your example us a bad ascii art graph of -- I've no clue what?
    >>
    >> Gary Herron
    >>

    > Do you know what "Logic" means? Guess not. Before you comedians quit
    > your day job some people are looking for information. If you have
    > nothing positive to say, go pester somewhere else.
    >
    > Grow up.

    Why the attitude? I wouldn't have asked for a clarification if I didn't
    want to help. However, I seriously have *no* idea what the OP has asked
    for when he says "Python logic map". Do you? If so, then answer the
    poor guy's question instead of whining at me. (And I'll respectfully
    read your answer, just to see how you interpret "Python logic map".)

    And I still claim that the example he aimed us at does not help in
    figuring out what he's asking. It's a (nearly) 30 year old ascii-art
    drawing of the connectivity between (mostly university and government
    research lab ) computers that comprised the UUCP/USENET and ARPANET --
    the precursor to today's internet. BUT, that begs the question: What
    does an old network connectivity chart have to do with a "Python logic map"?

    If the OP is asking for a way to draw flow charts of Python programs,
    then why is his example of something that is *not* a flow chart, and
    drawn with 30 year old technology to boot.

    If he is asking for a way to draw some kind of a connectivity graph,
    then I have to ask: Connectivity of what?

    --
    Gary Herron, PhD.
    Department of Computer Science

    Gary Herron, Feb 9, 2010
  7. Carl Banks wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 12:20 pm, spike <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    >> flow chart?
    >>
    >> An example can be seen on the right under History:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    >>
    >> This would be very helpful for all users.
    >>

    > Begin

    > Start Editor

    > Write Code <----+
    > | |
    > | |
    > V |
    > Run Python |
    > | |
    > | | No.
    > V |
    > Did it do what you want?
    > |
    > | Yes.

    > Stop.
    >

    > HTH.
    >

    > Carl Banks

    I use this one:

    Begin

    Start Mail client

    Ask python-list <-----+
    | |
    | |
    V what a bunch of dumbass
    wait 2 min |
    | |
    | | No.
    V |
    Did you get any answer ?

    | Yes.

    Stop.

    JM

    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 9, 2010

  8. >>

    > I use this one:
    >
    > Begin

    > Start Mail client

    > Ask python-list <-----+
    > | |
    > | |
    > V what a bunch of dumbass wait 2 min |
    > | |
    > | | No.
    > V |
    > Did you get any answer ?
    > |
    > | Yes.

    > Stop.
    >

    > JM

    How to miss a joke thanks to some crappy line word wraping whatsoever
    feature. I'll burn thunderbird. Don't use it !

    JM

    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 9, 2010
  9. spike

    Steve Holden Guest

    spike wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 1:35 pm, Gary Herron <> wrote:
    >> spike wrote:
    >>> Has anyone been able to come across a Python logic map or Python logic
    >>> flow chart?
    >>> An example can be seen on the right under History:
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#History
    >>> This would be very helpful for all users.

    >> Huh??? What aspect of Python were you thinking of mapping out?
    >>
    >> Your example us a bad ascii art graph of -- I've no clue what?
    >>
    >> Gary Herron

    > Do you know what "Logic" means? Guess not. Before you comedians quit
    > your day job some people are looking for information. If you have
    > nothing positive to say, go pester somewhere else.
    >
    > Grow up.

    Oh right, we forgot, it's our duty to answer every question that comes
    in, seriously and to the point, no matter how badly it is phrased and
    how obnoxious the questioner becomes when the answer is not immediately
    forthcoming.

    This is the Intarwebs. I suggest it's *you* who needs to grow up.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Feb 9, 2010