Python Magazine exists! (was: Python intro questions)

John J. Lee

BTW Mark, what's the status of the article *I* submitted (I sent you a private
email a couple of days ago but had no answer yet, so let me try the public
forum instead ;)

Yeah, but *your* article was all about some horrendous meta-metaclass
nightmare, right? The poor guy's probably too scared to respond ;-)

(BTW, FWIW, and from what little I know, the handling of Irmen's case
seemed to me like reasonable behaviour + forgiveable slip-up)

John

Michele Simionato

Yeah, but *your* article was all about some horrendous meta-metaclass
nightmare, right? The poor guy's probably too scared to respond ;-)

No, no, nothing so scary ;) It is just a very gentle introduction to
optparse. A topic at least 100x more useful than metaclasses, IMHO ;)
BTW, I also wrote a recipe about optparse which is in the Python cookbook:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/278844

To prove further that I don't write about metaclasses only, here is another
article of mine:

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/05/06/graphviz_dot.html

That's enough shameless plug for today ;)

Michele Simionato