Python Magazine

Roy Smith

DRJ Reddy said:
Planning to start a python online chronicle.What you want to see in it. :)

Issue 1:

"Whitespace as syntax: mistake or magic?"

"Python 3 vs. IPv6: who will win the race for early adoption?"

"Did Python 3 break unicode? The true story"

"Tuplemania: 100 things you can do with immutable lists"

Mark Janssen

I always liked the daily Python-URL from Dr. Dobbs.

Summaries of salient discussions on python-dev, ideas, list.

interviews with devs on philosophies.

quote of the week

--m

Carlos Nepomuceno

In-depth articles about Python! Like security analisys of modules, packages, frameworks, everything Python related.

Performance benchmarks. How a Python technology/solution compares to other competitor technologies.

Python competitions/contests/challenges!

Chris Angelico

"Python 3 vs. IPv6: who will win the race for early adoption?"

I think Py3 is winning that one so far. But really, both need to get
moving. Neither of my ISPs does IPv6 :(

Seconding the recommendation for QOTW, that's good fun.

ChrisA

DRJ Reddy

In-depth articles about Python! Like security analisys of modules, packages, frameworks, everything Python related.

Performance benchmarks. How a Python technology/solution compares to other competitor technologies.

Python competitions/contests/challenges!

Thankyou for your suggestions. :)

Carlos Nepomuceno

Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 21:10:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Python Magazine
From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)

Thankyou for your suggestions. :)

Also, comparison of Python flavors (CPython, PyPy, Cython, Stackles, etc.) -- How do they differ? What's the benefits and hindrances?

Chris Angelico

Also, comparison of Python flavors (CPython, PyPy, Cython, Stackles, etc.) -- How do they differ? What's the benefits and hindrances?

Good point. Could go even more general than that: Just highlight some
lesser-known Python and show it off.

ChrisA

Michael Poeltl

* DRJ Reddy said:
Planning to start a python online chronicle.What you want to see in it. :)
- idiomatic python (common mistakes; do it 'pythonically')
- interviews
- challenge of the week (how would you solve that?)
- python for kids
- scientific python news
- new python-books

-

--
Michael Poeltl <[email protected]>
Computational Materials Physics at University

zoom

But why would anyone want to use IPv6?

I think Py3 is winning that one so far. But really, both need to get
moving. Neither of my ISPs does IPv6 :(

Seconding the recommendation for QOTW, that's good fun.

ChrisA

Daniel

All of the above, plus:

- Best Pythonic tools for GUI

- notorious projects (in science, education, NGOs, etc) using python

Please keep us informed, and best wishes

Daniel

Roy Smith

Also, comparison of Python flavors (CPython, PyPy, Cython, Stackles, etc.)
[/QUOTE]

Stackles? That sounds like breakfast cereal.

"New all-natural stackles, with 12 essential vitamins, plus fiber!"

Roy Smith

Steven D'Aprano said:
He's planning to drop off the Internet once the IP address run out.

We already have run out. People have gotten so used to being behind NAT
gateways they don't even understand how evil it is. From my phone, I
can call any other phone anywhere in the world. But I can't talk
directly to the file server in my neighbor's house across the street?

Chris Angelico

Stackles? That sounds like breakfast cereal.

"New all-natural stackles, with 12 essential vitamins, plus fiber!"[/QUOTE]

Heh!! But watch the citations please, I didn't say that - my email was
quoting Carlos.

ChrisA

Carlos Nepomuceno

From: (e-mail address removed)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 11:24:03 -0400
To: (e-mail address removed)

Stackles? That sounds like breakfast cereal.

"New all-natural stackles, with 12 essential vitamins, plus fiber!"[/QUOTE]

lol pardon my typo! I'm really considering that cereal! lol