    kind of stuff, or is it all hand-rolled?

    thanks,
    MB
    Moosebumps, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Moosebumps

    John Hunter Guest

    Moosebumps> Is there anything that is made to generate web pages
    Moosebumps> which have charts similar to the yahoo finance stock
    Moosebumps> charts? Not looking to graph stocks specifically, but
    Moosebumps> anything. I like how you can zoom on each axis, and
    Moosebumps> maybe click to see numerical values and such.

    Moosebumps> If there isn't anything in Python, what do people
    Moosebumps> typically use for that kind of stuff, or is it all
    Moosebumps> hand-rolled?

    matplotlib is a 2D plotting library that supports a number of plot
    types - http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html. The
    library can generate plots either to GUIs or just generate images if
    you want to use it in a web application server. See this link
    http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq.html#APPSERVER for more
    information about using matplotlib in a web server. There are
    interactive navigation tools for panning and zooming, etc.

    The next release 0.53 due out early next week will have a lot of
    support for making date plots, using python datetimes, mx.Datetime, or
    other, with a hodge podge of minor and major date tick locators and
    formatters. There is also a financial module in the works which will
    be finished soon for candlestick plots and the like.

    If you're interested in getting announcements when these features are
    ready, you may want to join the mailing list
    http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/matplotlib-users.

    Cheers,
    John Hunter
    John Hunter, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Moosebumps

    Moosebumps Guest

    Thanks, that looks great -- just what I'm looking for! As a note, it's nice
    that all the figures are anti-aliased -- even a lot of commercial packages
    that I looked at don't have that.

    MB

    Moosebumps, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Moosebumps

    gsm Guest

    goto

    http://www.advsofteng.com/

    you can do everythign with this library and it is HTTP server optimised ...
    i.e small footprint

    gsm, Apr 20, 2004