    Perhaps It is better off to find/write a python version of webmin first.

    Thanks
    Sam.

    sam, Jan 27, 2005

  2. sam

    moma Guest

    sam wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Had anyone written any python module for webmin?
    > Since webmin is written in perl, but I want to write a python
    > app/module used by webmin. If you know the detail of writing a python
    > module for use in perl webmin, please drop me some guideline.
    >
    > Perhaps It is better off to find/write a python version of webmin first.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sam.

    Some tips.

    0)
    Webmin API-spesification (search for "Python" word)
    http://www.webmin.com/modules.html

    1)
    Read:
    http://www.cendio.se/~peter/python-webmin/

    Read README and Webmin.py.
    It says that 25% of API is converted to Python.
    It's normal CGI scripting and HTML. So you can easily
    write a real Webmin-module in Python.

    Maybe you can help to make Webmin.py more complete :)?

    2)
    Search for "Python" here
    http://webmin.thirdpartymodules.com/?page=Search

    Find any modules written in Python?